The Metropolitan Opera: Aida Encore
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: The Met’s unforgettable production of Verdi’s ancient Egyptian drama stars Liudmyla Monastyrska and Hui He. They share the title role of the enslaved Ethiopian princess caught in a love triangle with the heroic Radamès, played by Marco Berti and Roberto Alagna, and the proud Egyptian princess Amneris, sung by Dolora Zajick and Olga Borodina. Fabio Luisi conducts this revival, which features recent choreography by Alexei Ratmansky.
- Celebrity preview: Kenny Chesney, 311, Paris Hilton, Ke$ha, ‘DWTS,’ DJs galore
- Supreme Court’s interpretation was needed to save ACA
- Christie campaign surges ahead on road to failure
- Veterans served their country; it’s their country’s turn to serve them
- Vegas Play of the Day: Miami Marlins at Chicago Cubs