The Metropolitan Opera: Francesca da Rimini Encore
Length: 4 hours
Synopsis: Zandonai’s compelling opera, inspired by an episode from Dante’s Inferno, returns in the Met’s ravishingly beautiful production, last seen in 1986. Dramatic soprano Eva-Maria Westbroek and tenor Marcello Giordani are the doomed lovers. Marco Armiliato conducts.
- Las Vegas freeway ramps reopen after 5.3-magnitude earthquake
- Census population estimates push Las Vegas to No. 29
- Robuchon vs. Del Frisco’s; Therapy downtown; Made L.V.; STK’s new items
- Quake rattles nerves in Napa Valley after 2014 disaster
- Review: Bryan Adams, at Mandalay Bay, still wants to rock at 55 — and does