The Metropolitan Opera: Maria Stuarda ENCORE
Length: 3 hours, 20 minutes
Synopsis: Fresh from her triumph in the Met’s The Enchanted Island, mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato, one of the world’s most exciting singers, takes on the virtuosic bel canto role of the doomed Mary, Queen of Scots. Having scored a major success with his production of Anna Bolena, director David McVicar now turns to the second opera of Donizetti’s Tudor trilogy, which explores regal characters at fateful moments of their lives. Elza van den Heever sings Elizabeth I, and Maurizio Benini conducts.
- The Riviera’s final 24 hours: Guests, employees and locals say farewell
- Photos: Justin Bieber + Tyson Beckford’s ex? Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s $1M necklace
- Mayweather open to rematch with Pacquiao after shoulder surgery
- Q+A: Knockout UFC ring girl Arianny Celeste talks Cinco de Mayo at T&T
- Walker transferring to Chaminade, could face UNLV in upcoming season