The Metropolitan Opera: Rigoletto Encore
Length: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Synopsis: Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960. Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke of Mantua, with Zejko Lucic is his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto, and Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughte, Gilda — their victim. Michele Mariotti conducts.
- 2 UNR students from Las Vegas killed in crash near Tonopah
- Key question in Uber/Lyft fight: Should driver lists be required?
- Report: More Northeast casinos, more Atlantic City closures
- Photos: Terry Fator’s wedding — ‘It’s so beautiful to be truly in love’
- Snow on the Strip, underwater Santa and more: It’s holiday season in Las Vegas