The Metropolitan Opera: Rigoletto Encore
Length: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Synopsis: Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960. Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke of Mantua, with Zejko Lucic is his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto, and Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughte, Gilda — their victim. Michele Mariotti conducts.
- Two hikers who fell to their death in Red Rock Canyon identified
- One person in critical condition, three others injured after morning shooting downtown
- Police seeking driver in hit-and-run that left pedestrian in critical condition
- Family of boy in gorilla exhibit says he’s fine
- Vegas Play of the Day: Red Sox at Blue Jays