The Metropolitan Opera: Rigoletto Encore
Length: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Synopsis: Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960. Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke of Mantua, with Zejko Lucic is his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto, and Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughte, Gilda — their victim. Michele Mariotti conducts.
- Man arrested in hit-and-run that killed NLV girl
- Rebels working on new plan as Colorado State comes to town
- Catching up on college basketball betting: 50 sports book nuggets to know
- Clinton will protect nation’s landmark health care reform
- U.S., Cuba to sign agreement on restarting commercial flights