The Metropolitan Opera: Rigoletto Encore
Length: 3 hours, 35 minutes
Synopsis: Director Michael Mayer has placed his new production of Verdi’s towering tragedy in Las Vegas in 1960. Piotr Beczala is the womanizing Duke of Mantua, with Zejko Lucic is his tragic sidekick, Rigoletto, and Diana Damrau is Rigoletto’s daughte, Gilda — their victim. Michele Mariotti conducts.
- MGM Resorts CEO: Slots of future will be more social, interactive
- MGM Resorts CEO: ‘Mirage is not on the market’
- John Dodson wasn’t Demetrious Johnson’s choice for UFC 191 opponent
- Caesars boosts revenue, turns around loss in second quarter
- Clean energy advocates welcome EPA rule cutting power plant emissions