A Late Quartet
Length: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Synopsis: The film tells the story of a beloved cellist of a world-renowned string quartet who receives a life changing diagnosis, the group’s future suddenly hangs in the balance: suppressed emotions, competing egos, and uncontrollable passions threaten to derail years of friendship and collaboration. As they are about to play their 25th anniversary concert, quite possibly their last, only their intimate bond and the power of music can preserve their legacy. Inspired by and structured around Beethoven’s Opus 131 String Quartet in C-sharp minor, the film pays homage to chamber music and the cultural world of New York.
- Lucky Dragon casino fully financed, will be finished this year, backers say
- 2 adults dead, 2 children wounded in shooting outside day care center
- Wynn now says planned lake will include 10-story island
- UNLV basketball coach Marvin Menzies completes coaching staff
- Intrigue grand opening: Three nights of star power, skin and sass