A Late Quartet
Length: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Synopsis: The film tells the story of a beloved cellist of a world-renowned string quartet who receives a life changing diagnosis, the group’s future suddenly hangs in the balance: suppressed emotions, competing egos, and uncontrollable passions threaten to derail years of friendship and collaboration. As they are about to play their 25th anniversary concert, quite possibly their last, only their intimate bond and the power of music can preserve their legacy. Inspired by and structured around Beethoven’s Opus 131 String Quartet in C-sharp minor, the film pays homage to chamber music and the cultural world of New York.
- Preview: Soft opening of Holly Madison’s 1923 Bourbon & Burlesque sizzles
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 employees who didn’t pay taxes
- With a wink and nod, activist plans BundyFest! to protest rancher Cliven Bundy
- Preview: Daniel Boulud’s DB Brasserie at the Venetian — c’est magnifique
- Nevada looks bad in report on financial literacy