A Late Quartet
Length: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Synopsis: The film tells the story of a beloved cellist of a world-renowned string quartet who receives a life changing diagnosis, the group’s future suddenly hangs in the balance: suppressed emotions, competing egos, and uncontrollable passions threaten to derail years of friendship and collaboration. As they are about to play their 25th anniversary concert, quite possibly their last, only their intimate bond and the power of music can preserve their legacy. Inspired by and structured around Beethoven’s Opus 131 String Quartet in C-sharp minor, the film pays homage to chamber music and the cultural world of New York.
- Victim in fatal motorcycle crash was New Mexico man
- Lisa Marie Presley, on return to Las Vegas: ‘This was like a second home’
- Thunderstorm brings rain, hail, lightning to Las Vegas Valley
- Almost 1,400 dead, history razed, Everest shaken in Nepal earthquake
- Las Vegas bullish on Mayweather-Pacquiao megafight