Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Lawyer: Former franchisee alerted Subway exec about Fogle
- Boy, 4, dies after being left in hot car in east valley
- Judge gives Caesars momentary reprieve in New York lawsuit ruling
- Max Tappeiner of Las Vegas Business Academy: Molding L.V.’s best, brightest future leaders
- Admitted killer says Las Vegas firefighter told him to do it