Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Judge: Poker pro Ivey, pal broke gambling rules in $10 million win
- Nevada Highway Patrol making drones its eye in the sky
- Man accused of secretly recording guests at Airbnb rental house
- U.S. internet repeatedly disrupted by cyberattacks on key firm
- UNLV basketball teams to hold preseason events on campus