Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Kings of the Sunrise: Liberty wins fifth straight regional crown, advances to face Gorman
- In ‘Pippin,’ Lucie Arnaz has finally run off with the circus
- Week 12 NFL picks, game of week for Sun’s handicapping contest
- Man shoots, kills woman on Industrial Road, police say
- Obama playing golf with Jeter at Shadow Creek in North Las Vegas