Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Allegiant executives were flying plane that ran low on fuel
- 5 things to keep in mind as Caesars bankruptcy advances
- Bankruptcy court denies Caesars Entertainment’s quick appeal
- Kanye, The Killers, Sam Smith, The Who, Coldplay set for iHeartRadio Music Festival at MGM Grand
- Teen says killing of ‘a loving, caring mom’ was a mistake