Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Troopers targeting speeders between California, Las Vegas
- Davis: Studies on Raiders move to Las Vegas are ‘positive’
- Top Five BBMAs highlights: Pink, Kesha, Britney, Celine, Madonna + Stevie
- Florida police investigate video of sex between girl and 25 boys
- Hooters casino sports book robbed at gunpoint