Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Additional UNLV football games selected for national TV
- Las Vegas water district official departs; FBI probing purchases
- Police: Man waited in line, tried to rob bank
- Celebrity preview: Rihanna, Band Perry, Seth MacFarlane, Eric Church, Billy Joel, Gigi Hadid, Zayn
- CCSD teacher arrested on charges of sex acts with student