Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Now open: A boozy bakery, a Strip shoe store and a Prohibition-era bar
- Successful entrepreneurs share their secrets for running healthy, resilient businesses
- Eric Church, Childish Gambino added to lineup alongside Bruno Mars at the new Chelsea
- Lady Gaga, Linkin Park, Bastille and more announce Las Vegas shows
- Joe Downtown: Businesses bringing unique items to downtown