Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- SLS helping keep north Strip from going south, nearby business operators say
- International Model Search winner Angela Byrd has lived in L.V. for one month
- Police working to ID suspect in casino cage robbery
- 2nd suspect arrested in deadly west valley home invasion
- Joe Jonas makes his DJ debut at Foxtail in SLS Las Vegas