Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Downtown transformation marches on as 3 throwback spots shut doors
- Why are high-rises missing from the construction rebound in Las Vegas?
- Fire at Lovell Canyon Road, State Route 160 burning 200 acres
- With homicides way up in Las Vegas, community forces get at the roots
- Henderson apartment fire displaces 12 people