Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- L.A. Kings’ Jarret Stoll arrested on drug charge at Wet Republic
- NBA Playoffs in Las Vegas: Betting odds and preview of the first round
- Will Mayweather extend career long enough to open new MGM arena?
- Celebrity preview: Kourtney Kardashian, SJP, Kathy Griffin, Jennifer Coolidge, Jerry Seinfeld, Wayne Brady
- Man killed in North Las Vegas shooting, police say