Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Suspect shot after 1 killed, 2 wounded in home invasions
- Wynn Resorts 2nd-quarter profit rises on Las Vegas strength
- Gorman football ranked No. 1 by USA Today, will be in hunt for national title
- New-home sales in Las Vegas slide in first half of 2014
- Man fatally shot after stabbing officer, Henderson Police say