Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- With its small casino floor, is SLS offering a look at the future of Las Vegas?
- SLS Las Vegas preview: Dancers in birdcages; 30-foot Cleopatra; peekaboo glass showers
- A record 151 businesses are participating in Las Vegas Restaurant Week
- 2 men charged in rash of car burglaries in Henderson
- Law firm slams leak of Laxalt’s ‘train wreck’ documents