Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- 200 applications filed for medical pot businesses
- Police attach explosives to rental car to train dogs, car drives away
- Preview: Soft opening of Holly Madison’s 1923 Bourbon & Burlesque sizzles
- Police arrest man in string of residential burglaries
- Robin Leach, Eric Roberts trade partners on tonight’s ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’