Length: 1 hour, 58 minutes
Synopsis: Norwegian explorer Thor Heyerdahl crossed the Pacific ocean in a balsa wood raft in 1947, together with five men, to prove that South Americans already back in pre-Columbian times could have crossed the sea and settle on Polynesian islands. After gathering financing for the trip with loans and donations, they set off on an epic 101 day-long journey across 8,000 kilometers, all while the world was watching. KON-TIKI tells about the origin of Heyerdahl’s idea and the events surrounding the group’s voyage.
- Jesse Waits confirms move to Alon opening on the Strip in 2018
- Tips for employers who want to test for drugs
- Paul Monahan of Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum: Local watering holes offer true immersion of culture
- Icon of Old Vegas will live on
- Jim Rees on Hash House a Go Go: What is it — a Las Vegas strip club or newest dispensary?