Length: 1 hour, 38 minutes
Synopsis: Inspired by a true story, THE SAPPHIRES follows four vivacious, young and talented Australian Aboriginal girls from a remote mission as they learn about love, friendship and war when their all girl group The Sapphires entertains the U.S. troops in Vietnam in 1968. Cynthia, Gail, Julie and Kay are discovered by Dave, a good-humored talent scout with a kind heart, very little rhythm but a great knowledge of soul music. As their manager, Dave books the sisters their first true gig giving them their first taste of stardom, and travels them to Vietnam to sing for the American troops.
- Investors buy almost 360 acres at BLM auction; 240 acres don’t sell
- Grand Canal Shoppes to welcome famed Buffalo bar, bids farewell to Postrio
- Resorts World, off to ceremonial start, vies for theme of authenticity
- 200 accept buyouts at Zappos after company’s management changes
- Commissioners OK resolution supporting strict rules for Uber