Length: 1 hour, 25 minutes
Synopsis: This follows the true story of Oscar Grant, a 22-year-old Bay Area resident who wakes up on the morning of December 31, 2008 and feels something in the air. Not sure what it is, he takes it as a sign to get a head start on his resolutions: being a better son to his mother, whose birthday falls on New Year’s Eve, being a better partner to his girlfriend Sophina, who he hasn’t been completely honest with as of late, and being a better father to Tatiana, their beautiful four year-old daughter. Crossing paths with friends, family, and strangers, Oscar starts out well, but as the day goes on, he realizes that change is not going to come easily. His resolve takes a tragic turn, however, when BART officers shoot him in cold blood at the Fruitvale subway stop on New Year’s Day. Oscar’s life and tragic death would shake the Bay Area - and the entire nation - to its very core.
- Bank, nonprofit show gratitude to Las Vegas veteran
- Even as Las Vegan turns 100 today, she has more local sightseeing to do
- In editing report, chancellor interferes with regents, lawmakers
- Here is a win-win for clean energy on federal land
- Suzanne Somers ends run of ‘Suzanne Sizzles’ at Westgate Las Vegas