Length: 1 hour, 32 minutes
Synopsis: In a contemporary adaptation of Langston Hughes’ celebrated play, the holiday musical drama BLACK NATIVITY follows Langston(Jacob Latimore), a street-wise teen from Baltimore raised by a single mother, as he journeys to New York City to spend the Christmas holiday with his estranged relatives Reverend Cornell and Aretha Cobbs(Forest Whitaker and Angela Bassett). Unwilling to live by the imposing Reverend Cobbs’ rules, a frustrated Langston is determined to return home to his mother, Naima(Jennifer Hudson). Langston embarks on a surprising and inspirational journey and along with his new friends, and a little divine intervention, he discovers the true meaning of faith, healing, and family.
- Review: Brooks brings the spectacle in Las Vegas return
- NHL betting at T-Mobile is possible (there’s an app for it); no shakin’ in Elvis’ old theater
- Southern Nevada expected to sizzle in coming days, with rain to follow
- The latest: Central California wildfire claims 150 homes, and toll may rise
- Pomeranz leads Padres over Reds 3-0 on Pete Rose’s big day