Length: 1 hour, 32 minutes
Synopsis: In a contemporary adaptation of Langston Hughes’ celebrated play, the holiday musical drama BLACK NATIVITY follows Langston(Jacob Latimore), a street-wise teen from Baltimore raised by a single mother, as he journeys to New York City to spend the Christmas holiday with his estranged relatives Reverend Cornell and Aretha Cobbs(Forest Whitaker and Angela Bassett). Unwilling to live by the imposing Reverend Cobbs’ rules, a frustrated Langston is determined to return home to his mother, Naima(Jennifer Hudson). Langston embarks on a surprising and inspirational journey and along with his new friends, and a little divine intervention, he discovers the true meaning of faith, healing, and family.
- Southern Nevada home prices leave wage growth in the dust
- Coach Sanchez is making it cool for local standouts to play for UNLV football
- Assembly bill could break up Clark County School District
- Q+A: Jesse Waits — Las Vegas nightlife ‘getting stronger every year in every way’
- Ben Vaughn: Looking to the stars — chefs read one-star Yelp reviews