Length: 1 hour, 32 minutes
Synopsis: In a contemporary adaptation of Langston Hughes’ celebrated play, the holiday musical drama BLACK NATIVITY follows Langston(Jacob Latimore), a street-wise teen from Baltimore raised by a single mother, as he journeys to New York City to spend the Christmas holiday with his estranged relatives Reverend Cornell and Aretha Cobbs(Forest Whitaker and Angela Bassett). Unwilling to live by the imposing Reverend Cobbs’ rules, a frustrated Langston is determined to return home to his mother, Naima(Jennifer Hudson). Langston embarks on a surprising and inspirational journey and along with his new friends, and a little divine intervention, he discovers the true meaning of faith, healing, and family.
- Move over, Zappos: There’s another online retailer in town
- Former MGM executive named next CEO at Cosmopolitan
- Las Vegas’ underwater mortgage rate improving but still worst in nation
- Battle lines: Why unions are preparing for an assault in the Nevada Legislature
- Review: ‘The Nutcracker’ by NBT offers adventure, invention and imagination