20 Feet from Stardom
Length: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Synopsis: The untold true story of the backup singers behind some of the greatest musical legends of the 21st century. Triumphant and heartbreaking in equal measure, the film is both a tribute to the unsung voices who brought shape and style to popular music and a reflection on the conflicts, sacrifices and rewards of a career spent harmonizing with others. These gifted artists span a range of styles, genres and eras of popular music, but each has a uniquely fascinating and personal story to share of life spent in the shadows of superstardom. Along with rare archival footage and a peerless soundtrack are intimate interviews with Bruce Springsteen, Stevie Wonder, Mick Jagger and Sting to name just a few.
- E. Parry Thomas, business icon who helped shape Las Vegas, dies at 95
- Carlos Santana talks music, social justice, Trump
- Nevada one of Trump’s big hopes for swing-state win
- Chaparral’s Gaddy comes up big in Cowboys’ win against Bonanza
- Liberty receives a reprieve in the final minute, holds on to beat Arbor View