All Is Lost
Length: 1 hour, 40 minutes
Synopsis: This film is a gripping, visceral and powerfully moving tribute to ingenuity and resilience. Deep into a solo voyage in the Indian Ocean, an unnamed man wakes to find his 39-foot yacht taking on water after a collision with a shipping container left floating on the high seas. With his navigation equipment and radio disabled, the man sails unknowingly into the path of a violent storm. Despite his success in patching the breached hull, his mariner’s intuition, and a strength that belies his age, the man barely survives the tempest. Using only a sextant and nautical maps to chart his progress, he is forced to rely on ocean currents to carry him into a shipping lane in hopes of hailing a passing vessel. But with the sun unrelenting, sharks circling and his meager supplies dwindling, the ever-resourceful sailor soon finds himself staring his mortality in the face.
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over multistate grocery deal
- Musk says Tesla ‘definitely’ pursuing lithium sources in Nevada
- Celine Dion: Rene has made certain that the best people surround me
- Man exiting store with groceries is shot near UNLV
- Berkshire Hathaway shareholders sign petition supporting rooftop solar