The Graduate (1967)
Length: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Synopsis: : In arguably the most iconic movie of the “Hollywood New Wave” of the 1960’s, Dustin Hoffman plays Benjamin Braddock, promising academic and track star, who returns to Los Angeles after graduation. At a party thrown by his parents, he his lured by old family friend Mrs. Robinson into taking her home. He first flees from her advances, but shortly thereafter begins an affair with her. Later on, Ben’s unwitting parents goad him into taking the Robinson’s daughter, Elaine, on a date. Ben falls in love with Elaine, which transforms Mrs. Robinson into a vindictive adversary.
- Investors buy almost 360 acres at BLM auction; 240 acres don’t sell
- Death plot in Macau draws attention during Adelson testimony
- Resorts World, off to ceremonial start, vies for theme of authenticity
- Hsieh touts Downtown Project’s successes, talks about Zappos reorganization
- Photos: Energized crowd welcomes Journey with open arms to the Joint