The Metropolitan Opera: The Nose
Length: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Synopsis: NCM Fathom Events brings the eighth season of the Metropolitan Opera’s Peabody and Emmy Award-winning series The Met: Live in HD to select cinemas nationwide. The broadcast of Shostakovich’s The Nose will be presented live on Saturday, October 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM ET / 9:55 AM PT. William Kentridge stormed the Met with his inventive production of Shostakovich’s opera, which dazzled opera and art lovers alike in its inaugural run in 2010. Now Paulo Szot reprises his acclaimed performance of a bureaucrat, whose satirical misadventures in search of his missing nose are based on Gogol’s comic story. Pavel Smelkov conducts.
- U.S. judge says Caesars must face bondholder suits worth $11 billion
- Trump meets with Hispanic backers in visit to Las Vegas
- E. Parry Thomas, business icon who helped shape Las Vegas, dies at 95
- Lockheed gets contract worth up to $5 billion to manage Nevada National Security Site
- Highway Patrol trooper’s badge might have saved him in shootout