Letters to Jackie: Remembering President Kennedy
Length: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Synopsis: When President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963, the world came to a crashing halt as the nation grieved for its leader whose promise of a brighter future was cut tragically short. During this time the president’s widow, Jacqueline Kennedy, received thousands of letters from the public offering their heartfelt condolences. This touching film focuses on these deeply personal letters that flooded in from all over the country to comfort a woman they greatly admired who was not just the fashionable First Lady, but also a wife and a mother. Set against a treasure trove of archival footage taken during the Kennedy era, the moving letters are read by twenty of today’s top actors including Jessica Chastain, Chris Cooper, Viola Davis, Zooey Deschanel, Kirsten Dunst, Anne Hathaway, Laura Linney, Frances McDormand, Mark Ruffalo, Octavia Spencer, Channing Tatum, Betty White and Michelle Williams.
- U.S. judge says Caesars must face bondholder suits worth $11 billion
- Trump meets with Hispanic backers in visit to Las Vegas
- E. Parry Thomas, business icon who helped shape Las Vegas, dies at 95
- Lockheed gets contract worth up to $5 billion to manage Nevada National Security Site
- Hiker killed in fall at Red Rock Canyon identified