Length: 1 hour, 33 minutes
Synopsis: Divorce Corp is a new documentary that exposes the practices within the U.S. family law industry. More money and people flow through the family courts than any other court system in America. But because of good intentions run amok, misplaced finances, cronyism, and lacking checks and balances, family courts are corrupted, serving the local legal community instead of the people. Rather than help victims of crimes, these courts often create them. And rather than help families move on, these courts drag out cases for years, ultimately resulting in a rash of social ills. Solutions appear in Scandinavian countries where marriage dissolution is handled without attorneys, courts, or the turbulence and family disintegration so common in the United States.
- At 15 and with new owners, what’s next for the Palms?
- Las Vegas real estate developer Fred Nassiri offering another possible NFL stadium site option
- Want to see the puck drop? Better leave your house early
- For pizza franchisee, even the recession had a silver lining
- Prepare your business for legal marijuana