Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2008 | 9:32 p.m.
- Dec. 2 -- Fresno blanks worn out Wranglers
- Dec. 1 -- Wranglers shut out first-place Fresno
- Nov. 30 -- Wranglers return home on high note
- Nov. 23 -- Road weary Wranglers fall in Utah
- Nov. 21 -- Wranglers shut out Utah for first road victory
- Nov. 18 -- Wranglers still searching for first road victory
- Nov. 16 -- Wranglers smash Steelheads
- Nov. 14 -- Wranglers completely collapse against Idaho
- Nov. 10 -- Wranglers remain winless on the road
- Nov. 9 -- Watt's hat trick lifts Wranglers over Phoenix
- Nov. 7 -- Wranglers crush Condors
- Nov. 1 -- Wranglers get season's second second win
Despite jumping out to the earliest lead in franchise history, the Las Vegas Wranglers could not sustain that momentum as the Phoenix Roadrunners wound up on top 6-3 Wednesday night at the U.S. Airways Center.
Wranglers center Justin Taylor set a new team record by scoring 12 seconds into the game on a long slap shot.
After the Roadrunners tied the game just two minutes later on a Colin Sinclair goal, the Wranglers poured on the offensive pressure and finished the first period leading 3-1.
Phoenix even pulled goalie Kyle Jones after that period after he three goals on 16 shots.
The goaltending switch worked as Phoenix scored two goals in the second period and three in the third to hand the Wranglers their second loss in as many nights.
The Wranglers return to action in Phoenix on Friday at 6:05 p.m.
Prior to Wednesday's game, the Wranglers loaned forward Mike Hamilton to the Houston Aeros of the American Hockey League.
In 18 games with the Wranglers Hamilton scored four goals and notched six assists.
Steve Silver can be reached at 948-7822 or email@example.com.