Friday, Nov. 21, 2008 | 11:13 p.m.
- Nov. 21 -- Wranglers still searching for first road victory
- Nov. 16 -- Wranglers smash Steelheads
- Nov. 14 -- Wranglers completely collapse against Idaho
- Nov. 10 -- Wranglers remain winless on the road
- Nov. 9 -- Watt's hat trick lifts Wranglers over Phoenix
- Nov. 7 -- Wranglers crush Condors
- Nov. 1 -- Wranglers get season's second second win
It turns out that the Las Vegas Wranglers can win on the road.
After dropping their first six road games of the season, the Wranglers grounded the Utah Grizzlies 1-0 Friday night to improve to .500 on the season at 6-6-2.
Defenseman Jason Dest scored his first goal of the season with a slap shot from the point with 6:18 remaining in the first period. Jutin Taylor and Gord Baldwin assisted on the game’s lone goal.
Las Vegas goalies John DeCaro and Kevin Lalande combined for 24 saves in the shutout because DeCaro left with an injury near the end of the opening period. His status is not yet known.
The Wranglers will play one more game in Utah Saturday night and make a stop in Phoenix on Nov. 29 before returning home to face the Fresno Falcons on Monday Dec. 1 at 7:30 p.m. at the Orleans Arena.