Tiffany Brown - Life is in the details
Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2009 | 2 a.m.
It’s been said that life is in the details. As a photographer in a world so hurried, in a city as visually overindulgent as Las Vegas, it’s the close examination that often allows me to discover overlooked gems, a more focused approach to the eye-candy around us. And I hope these pictures offer readers a different way of seeing the ordinary.
Whether it’s a patterned field of solar panels. Or an up-close look at retired neon. The simplicity of a human moment, captured. Or the first glance upon slipping under the ocean’s surface on vacation. Details are specifics we can remember. These are few of my favorites snapped along the way in 2009.
- Nina DiGregorio: Learning to love Las Vegas through the eyes of a small-town New Yorker
- Two passengers escape Ferrari fire on Interstate 15
- Demonstrators protest dolphin captivity at the Mirage
- Brad Paisley brings ‘Moonshine’ to Boulevard Pool at the Cosmopolitan
- Man hit by car after crashing his own loses leg Sunday morning