Tiffany Brown - Life is in the details
Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2009 | 2 a.m.
It’s been said that life is in the details. As a photographer in a world so hurried, in a city as visually overindulgent as Las Vegas, it’s the close examination that often allows me to discover overlooked gems, a more focused approach to the eye-candy around us. And I hope these pictures offer readers a different way of seeing the ordinary.
Whether it’s a patterned field of solar panels. Or an up-close look at retired neon. The simplicity of a human moment, captured. Or the first glance upon slipping under the ocean’s surface on vacation. Details are specifics we can remember. These are few of my favorites snapped along the way in 2009.
- Las Vegas man watches as his Harry Reid lie takes off
- Fried chicken gets a new twist: Asian fusion
- Was number of Elvis’ consecutive sold-out shows in Las Vegas 636 or 837?
- For fertility doctor, helping couples conceive is the most rewarding part of the job
- Guest column: Focus on education will keep Las Vegas fresh