Justin M. Bowen — Year in Concert
Justin M. Bowen
Wednesday, Dec. 30, 2009 | 2 a.m.
Being a photographer in Las Vegas is a pretty sweet gig, and shooting concerts is the frosting on the cake. The music scene is second to none. From Britney’s “Circus” to Lady Gaga’s “Monster Ball,” and from Nine Inch Nails to Taylor Swift, there is always something for everyone. Regardless of what genre is headlining any particular night, I am a fan.
I love photographing concerts — the lights, the stage, the costumes, the random surprise guests. There is sensory overload everywhere you look. I will never forget the “Slash and Friends” concert where Slash, Joe Perry (Aerosmith), Nicole Scherzinger (Pussycat Dolls), Sen Dog (Cypress Hill) and Courtney Love were on stage together rocking out to “Paradise City.” That is something you would only see in Vegas.
- Report: Las Vegas’ industrial space a turnoff for companies eyeing move here
- O’Sheas’ booze sales are intoxicating; Sebastian De-Bachery at Mandalay Bay
- Former UNLV coach Jerry Tarkanian had heart attack, doctors say
- Q+A: George Clooney talks Las Vegas memories, Italy and his Casamigos tequila
- Strip Scribbles: Jermaine Jackson on ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’ and Amy Purdy on ‘Dancing With the Stars’