Justin M. Bowen — Year in Concert
Justin M. Bowen
Wednesday, Dec. 30, 2009 | 2 a.m.
Being a photographer in Las Vegas is a pretty sweet gig, and shooting concerts is the frosting on the cake. The music scene is second to none. From Britney’s “Circus” to Lady Gaga’s “Monster Ball,” and from Nine Inch Nails to Taylor Swift, there is always something for everyone. Regardless of what genre is headlining any particular night, I am a fan.
I love photographing concerts — the lights, the stage, the costumes, the random surprise guests. There is sensory overload everywhere you look. I will never forget the “Slash and Friends” concert where Slash, Joe Perry (Aerosmith), Nicole Scherzinger (Pussycat Dolls), Sen Dog (Cypress Hill) and Courtney Love were on stage together rocking out to “Paradise City.” That is something you would only see in Vegas.
- Now open: A boozy bakery, a Strip shoe store and a Prohibition-era bar
- Cosmopolitan headliner Bruno Mars watches ‘Jersey Boys’ at Paris Las Vegas
- Successful entrepreneurs share their secrets for running healthy, resilient businesses
- Photos: Audrina Patridge hosts and parties with her sister at Hyde Bellagio
- San Jose State is the bowl-eligible Mountain West team staying home this postseason