Sunday, Feb. 8, 2009 | 10:57 p.m.
- Feb. 7 -- Las Vegas rocks Victoria on the road
- Feb. 6 -- Wranglers continue to ride hot streak
- Feb. 5 -- Wranglers smoke Salmon Kings in road trip opener
- Feb. 4 -- Wranglers looking for revenge on the road
- Feb. 3 -- Wranglers narrowly ground Condors
- Feb. 2 -- Orleans Arena sees some NHL action
- Feb. 2 -- Police officers battle firefighters on the ice
- Feb. 1 -- Wranglers rebound in blowout victory
- Jan. 30 -- Bakersfield pummels Wranglers on prison uniform night
Forget Victoria, the Las Vegas Wranglers are the true kings of salmon.
The Wranglers' stormed into Victoria this weekend and completed a four-game sweep of the Salmon Kings with a 1-0 overtime victory Sunday to capture their six straight win.
Victoria native Sean Owens stunned a hometown crowd of 5,835 at the Save On Foods Memorial Centre when he poked in a rebound from a Justin Taylor shot for the game-winning goal with just 16 seconds remaining in overtime.
Wranglers' goalie Kevin Lalande made 20 saves to improve to 9-8-2 on the year.
Las Vegas (24-18-4), which has now won eight of its last nine games, is now 5-1-1 against Victoria (29-15-5) this season.
The Wranglers return to the Orleans Arena to face the Phoenix Roadrunners Tuesday night at 7:30 p.m. (20-21-3).
Steve Silver can be reached at 948-7822 or email@example.com.