Thu, Jun 11, 2009 (6 a.m.)
500 Pilot Road, Suite A
Las Vegas, NV 89119
As founding principal of the architecture firm Lucchesi Galati, Ray Lucchesi has led the development of – and held the vision for – the firm. He has headed many of the firm’s largest projects, such as the Springs Preserve Master Plan, the Desert Living Center and Gardens and Centennial Hills Community Center. Lucchesi views architecture as a holistic process and leads the process of design as a journey for learning and play. To ensure that each project achieves its highest potential, Lucchesi includes the community as well as stakeholders of a project in each design process. Since his graduate work in arid region and passive solar design, Lucchesi has integrated sustainable design principles into architecture. He led the development of UNLV’s School of Architecture and has been a faculty member for 20 years. Lucchesi is now researching and writing a thesis on a new architectural practice model grounded in the delivery of social and environmental contributions as enhancements to physical architecture. In 2001, he received the Silver Medal from the American Institute of Architects Nevada Chapter for his contributions to the profession and the community throughout his career.
- Lake Mead’s water expected to drop further into unseen levels
- Apologetic Fiore: Video of outburst is ‘fabulous’
- Computer glitch translates to free Starbucks for quick Las Vegans
- The GOP hopefuls and the billionaire donor: How their views align
- Las Vegas bullish on Mayweather-Pacquiao megafight
- Hillary Clinton coming to Nevada May 5
- Celebrity preview: Nick Jonas, Naomi Campbell, Paris Hilton, Flo Rida, Amy Schumer, Daniel Tosh
- Motorcyclist dies in single-vehicle crash in Henderson
- North Las Vegas music teacher accused of molesting student, 8
- Desert Pines sophomore getting bigger in the recruiting world
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.