Thu, Jun 11, 2009 (6 a.m.)
500 Pilot Road, Suite A
Las Vegas, NV 89119
As founding principal of the architecture firm Lucchesi Galati, Ray Lucchesi has led the development of – and held the vision for – the firm. He has headed many of the firm’s largest projects, such as the Springs Preserve Master Plan, the Desert Living Center and Gardens and Centennial Hills Community Center. Lucchesi views architecture as a holistic process and leads the process of design as a journey for learning and play. To ensure that each project achieves its highest potential, Lucchesi includes the community as well as stakeholders of a project in each design process. Since his graduate work in arid region and passive solar design, Lucchesi has integrated sustainable design principles into architecture. He led the development of UNLV’s School of Architecture and has been a faculty member for 20 years. Lucchesi is now researching and writing a thesis on a new architectural practice model grounded in the delivery of social and environmental contributions as enhancements to physical architecture. In 2001, he received the Silver Medal from the American Institute of Architects Nevada Chapter for his contributions to the profession and the community throughout his career.
- ‘Chipotle for pizza,’ juice bar, new park open in Las Vegas Valley
- Photos: Farrah Abraham celebrates 24th birthday at Ditch Friday at Palms
- Third straw at plunging Lake Mead nearly complete
- Strip Scribbles: ‘Crazy Girls’ take it off at Planet Hollywood; WSOP; Celine
- Legislature OKs casino-backed emergency bill on energy policy
- Lawmakers seek more regulations for ride-hailing companies
- A bigger Caesars venue for Matt Goss? Britney, Mariah, J.Lo and now …
- Transgender movement looks to benefit from Jenner’s change
- Top Nevada court rules email addresses of CCSD teachers are public record
- Miss Nevada USA Brittany McGowan preps for Miss USA Pageant
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.