Saturday, Oct. 24, 2009 | 9:19 a.m.
- Video: Machida stays undefeated, defeats Shogun at UFC 104
- Dana White leans towards rematch between Lyoto Machida and Shogun Rua
- Cain Velasquez impressive in win, may still have to wait for title shot
- Slideshow: Machida v. Shogun
- Slideshow: UFC 104 undercard
- UFC 104 Live results: Machida takes controversial decision win over Rua
- UFC 104 fight predictions
- Fight preview: Lyoto Machida v. Mauricio Shogun Rua
- Fight preview: Cain Velasquez v. Ben Rothwell
- UFC 104: Where to watch
- Slideshow: UFC 104 official weigh-in
- UFC 104 weigh-in blog: Johnson misses weight by six pounds
- Ben Rothwell not alone in UFC debut
- Fireside chat with Dana White at UFC 104
- Slideshow: UFC 104 pre-fight photo gallery
- Take Five: Five things to know about UFC 104
- Lyoto Machida still fighting like a challenger
- 'Shogun' Rua thinks he can solve the Machida puzzle
- Razak Al-Hassan: More than just 'the guy that didn't tap'
- Cain Velasquez faces big risk, small reward at UFC 104
While Los Angeles is not too far away, a weekend trip and a UFC 104 admission ticket aren’t in the cards for every MMA fan this weekend. If you’re looking for local viewing options, there are plenty. Some Station Casino locations and sports bars and lounges will be showing the fight and offering food and drink specials.
The main event features karate specialist Lyoto Machida in his first title defense after capturing the light heavyweight belt from former champ Rashad Evans. He’ll take on former Pride standout, Mauricio “Shogun” Rua, coming off of two TKO wins. Other fights not to miss include Cain Velasquez taking on Ben Rothwell and Joe Stevenson vs. Spencer Fisher. The undercard fights include matchups between Antoni Hardonk and Pat Berry and Yushin Okami and Chael Sonnen. You can catch the fights at one of the local venues listed below.
Sunset Station- Club Madrid 702-547-7777: Doors open at 5 p.m. and there is a $10 cover charge to watch the high-definition broadcast.
Green Valley Ranch- Ovation 702-617-7777: Doors open at 6 p.m. and there is a $10 cover charge to watch the HDTV broadcast.
Palace Station- Grand Ballroom 702-367-2411: Doors open at 6 p.m. and there is a $10 cover charge.
Santa Fe Station- Chrome Showroom 702-658-4900: Doors open at 6 p.m. and there is a $10 cover charge.
Aliante Station Casino- Access Showroom 702-692-7777: Doors open at 6 p.m. and there is a $10 cover charge to watch the HDTV broadcast.
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa- Rocks Lounge 866-767-7773: Doors open at 6 p.m. and there is a $10 cover charge.
Kahunaville at Treasure Island 702-894-7390: You must spend at least $20 for food and beverage; reserved seating is still available if you call ahead.
Lift Bar, 3045 S. Valley View Blvd., 702-364-0306: No cover charge to watch the fight on 14 HD plasma screens. Drafts are $2.50, import bottles $3.50 and domestic bottles are $3.00. Food specials include 3.99 steak sandwiches and the daily special will be a hot ham and cheese sub for $5.25.
Bar Louie at Town Square 702-263-0480: No cover but a two-drink minimum. Reserved seating is available; call to reserve.
Hawaiian Tropic Zone at the Miracle Mile Shops 702-731-4858: There is a $20 cover and a $50 all-you-can-drink special. The fights will be displayed on a 36-foot mega plasma screen video wall. Phone seservations are strongly suggested.