Las Vegas Sun

June 30, 2015

Currently: 110° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Police: Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s son witnessed attack

Image

AP Photo/Isaac Brekken

Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr., center, is greeted by unidentified friends, as he exits the Clark County Detention Center after posting bail on a grand larceny charge stemming from a domestic violence complaint, Friday, Sept. 10, 2010 in Las Vegas. Mayweather’s lawyer, Richard Wright, says the charge stems from an allegation that Mayweather took an iPhone from Josie Harris, his ex-girlfriend and mother of three of his children.

Updated Monday, Sept. 13, 2010 | 11:38 a.m.

Click to enlarge photo

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

An arrest report released Monday alleges that Floyd Mayweather Jr. threatened and hit his ex-girlfriend in an argument that led to a felony charge that he stole her cell phone last week.

Mayweather's 10-year-old son told police he witnessed his father hitting and kicking 30-year-old Josie Harris during the 5:30 a.m. argument at Harris' home in southwest Las Vegas.

The 33-year-old Mayweather hasn't been charged with domestic battery or assault.

He turned himself in to police on Friday and was freed from jail on $3,000 bail after being booked on a grand larceny charge over the missing cell phone.

He's due in court Nov. 9.

Mayweather's lawyer, Richard Wright, wasn't available Monday. On Friday, he denied wrongoing on Mayweather's behalf.

He is scheduled for an initial appearance Nov. 9 in Las Vegas Justice Court.

Mayweather is considered one of the sport's top performers, with a record of 41-0 and 25 knockouts. He goes by the nickname "Money" and earned more than $20 million in May from his fight in Las Vegas against "Sugar" Shane Mosley.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy