Las Vegas Sun

August 4, 2015

Currently: 89° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Judge: Mötley Crüe’s Vince Neil, former girlfriend to have no contact

Misdemeanor battery trial set for August in incident at the Las Vegas Hilton

Image

Steve Marcus

Richard Schonfeld, left, and David Chesnoff, attorneys for Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil, address Judge Linda Norvell Marquis in court at the Clark County Regional Justice Center Monday, May 2, 2011. Marquis set a trial date of 8:30 a.m. on August 8th. Neil faces charges of with battery constituting domestic violence for allegedly striking his ex-girlfriend, Alicia Jacobs, 44, in the chest with his finger at Las Vegas Hilton in March.

Click to enlarge photo

Vince Neil

No phone calls. No e-mails. No Facebooking. Not even a tweet.

Starting today, Mötley Crüe frontman Vince Neil has been ordered by a Las Vegas judge to stay away from and not to have contact with his ex-girlfriend, Alicia Jacobs. And vice versa.

That order was given today by Justice of the Peace Pro Tem Linda Norvell Marquis in Las Vegas Justice Court during Neil's arraignment on a misdemeanor battery charge involving Jacobs on March 24 at a show at the Las Vegas Hilton.

The 50-year-old rocker, who didn't make it to court today, pleaded not guilty through his attorneys to a charge of battery constituting domestic violence for allegedly striking Jacobs, 45, in the chest with his finger.

Neil, who just closed out at drunk driving charge last week from an incident last summer, also pleaded not guilty to another misdemeanor charge through his attorneys.

That charge was disorderly conduct for allegedly harassing Jacobs' friends, Patricia McCrone, 41, and John Katsilometes, 45, who is a Sun columnist and editor. Katsilometes wrote about the incident.

Attorneys David Chesnoff and Richard Schonfeld appeared on Neil's behalf, telling the judge that Neil waived the reading of the charges.

Marquis set Neil's trial for 8:30 a.m. Aug. 8 in Las Vegas Justice Court.

Before the judge set the court date, Chief Deputy District Attorney Brad Turner requested a no contact order between Neil and Jacobs.

"That's the first we've heard of it," Chesnoff told the judge. "We don't really have an issue with it ... But it should be both ways, your honor."

"This is what I'm gonna do," Marquis said. "I'm going to issue a no contact order against the named victim, Alicia Jacobs. ... No contact means no contact — no Facebook, no Twitter, no text messages, no voicemail ... nothing."

"It should apply to her as well, right?" Chesnoff said.

Marquis agreed.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy