Friday, Feb. 17, 2012 | 8:37 a.m.
A fire early Friday in a room at the Santa Fe Station hotel prompted the evacuation of the second floor of the establishment, Las Vegas Fire and Rescue reported.
Las Vegas Fire spokesman Tim Szymanski said a small fire started at 4:50 a.m. at the hotel, 4949 North Rancho Drive, in a room on the second floor when a woman smoking a cigarette in her room may have dozed off.
Preliminary reports show the woman’s cigarette lit the mattress on fire, said Szymanski.
He said the woman woke up and ran out of the room. The fire was doused by an automatic sprinkler.
Firefighters said they evacuated the second floor but had allowed guests to go back in their rooms. No injuries were reported and the fire was ruled accidental.