Las Vegas Sun

April 25, 2014

Currently: 72° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Apartment fire injures one, causes little damage

Map

One person suffered minor smoke inhalation on Tuesday in northwest Las Vegas after an apartment dresser caught fire from a candle.

Las Vegas Fire and Rescue spokesman Tim Szymanski said firefighters received reports of the fire at the Summerhill Villas apartment complex at 2150 N. Tenaya Way around 12:45 p.m. Firefighters found smoke coming from a second-story window and discovered a victim struggling from smoke inhalation.

The victim was rescued and received treatment. Szymanski said the fire was confined to the dresser and caused minimal damage.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy