Published Tuesday, March 5, 2013 | 7:46 a.m.
Updated Tuesday, March 5, 2013 | 10:22 a.m.
A Carl’s Jr. restaurant in Las Vegas caught fire Tuesday morning, charring the building’s attic and roof and causing an estimated $100,000 damage, fire officials said.
No one was injured, but the restaurant will be closed for three to six months for repairs, officials said.
Las Vegas Fire and Rescue received reports about 4:45 a.m. of the fire at 3189 N. Rainbow Blvd., near Cheyenne Road. When firefighters arrived, the flames were through the roof, fire department spokesman Tim Szymanski said.
The restaurant was open at the time. There were two employees inside who reported the fire after noticing smoke coming from the ceiling vents, Szymanski said.
The fire was confined to the attic and roof and appeared to be caused by an electrical or mechanical issue in the air handler unit, he said.