Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013 | 3:14 p.m.
Students were evacuated from a Clark County School District bus this afternoon after smoke started billowing from its engine.
School District transportation investigators were called to a CVS parking lot near the intersection of U.S. 95 and Jones Boulevard, according to spokeswoman Melinda Malone.
The school bus was not on fire and no students were injured. The students were transported home on another school bus.
It was not immediately clear how many students were on the bus, what school it served and why the engine malfunctioned. The incident is under investigation.