Las Vegas Sun

July 23, 2014

Currently: 109° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Propane tank explodes, sparks fire at Henderson recycling center

A propane tank exploded inside a trash bin this morning, causing a fire at a recycling center in Henderson.

The Henderson Fire Department responded about 5:40 a.m. to the fire at Republic Services Recycling Center near Eastgate and Sunset roads. A crew had been cutting into a used propane tank inside the trash bin to make it safe when it exploded, Henderson spokeswoman Kathleen Richards said.

The fire remained inside the bin and was extinguished quickly. No one was injured in the fire, Richards said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy