Las Vegas Sun

November 27, 2014

Currently: 64° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Man suffers serious burns in kitchen fire at Palazzo

Image

Steve Marcus

An exterior view of Palazzo on Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2011, on the Strip.

A man was seriously burned today in a kitchen fire at the Palazzo caused by a malfunctioning gas line, the Clark County Fire Department reported.

The fire was reported at 8:32 a.m. at the casino’s Grand Lux Cafe, where a gas line supplying a stove malfunctioned, causing a flash fire, officials said.

The man, who was not identified, suffered first- and second-degree burns and was taken to University Medical Center, officials said. Information on his condition was not immediately available.

The fire at the Las Vegas Strip casino activated an automatic extinguishing system that also automatically shut off the gas. The fire was quickly extinguished and did not spread to the building, officials said.

A total of 34 firefighters, five engine companies, two ladder trucks and two rescue units responded to the fire.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy