Courtesy Las Vegas Fire & Rescue
Published Sunday, Aug. 24, 2014 | 5:43 p.m.
Updated Sunday, Aug. 24, 2014 | 6:54 p.m.
The resident of a home was working on a car in the garage when a fire broke out at a two-story home near North Bradley Road and West Tropical Parkway this afternoon, according to Las Vegas Fire & Rescue.
No injuries were reported in the fire at 6052 Crystal Cascade St., which was contained to the garage, fire department spokesman Tim Szymanski said.
The incident, which was reported about 3 p.m., occurred as one of the occupants of the home worked with the electric fuel pump of an automobile in the garage and gasoline began to gush out, Szymanski said. He said that something, possibly a spark from the pump, ignited the fire, though it was hard to tell due to the heavy damage to the space.
The American Red Cross is aiding the two adults and two children displaced by the fire.
Szymanski said the fire destroyed two cars, caused some smoke damage inside the home and gutted the garage, causing $60,000 in damage.