Las Vegas Sun

July 22, 2014

Currently: 103° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Electrical problem sparks residential fire

Clark County firefighters responded to a fire Thursday evening that damaged a home but did not result in any injuries.

Fire engines arrived just before 6 p.m. at 5055 Stormy Circle, near Burnham and East Tropicana Road, after receiving an emergency call reporting smoke coming from the roof, officials said.

The fire was in the attic above a second-floor bathroom and had been smoldering long before firefighters arrived, Clark County Fire Department spokesman John Steinbeck said.

The fire burned through a structural beam in the attic, he said.

The fire, caused by an electrical problem, was contained within minutes and caused $7,500 damage, Steinbeck said.

Four adults who lived in the home were unharmed.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy