Las Vegas Sun

August 29, 2014

Currently: 81° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Pet dog dead, home destroyed after fire in North Las Vegas

Updated Tuesday, March 4, 2014 | 5:40 p.m.

A man lost his home and pet dog to a fire in North Las Vegas this afternoon.

Capt. Cedric Williams of the North Las Vegas Fire Department said flames erupted inside the home’s attached garage about 12:30 p.m. in the 2200 block of Chipplegate Way, near West Lake Mead Boulevard and Simmons Street. By the time firefighters arrived, the dog had died.

The fire was contained within 30 minutes — no injuries were reported and the fire did not reach neighboring buildings. The home’s sole resident wasn’t inside when the blaze erupted, Williams said.

The blaze caused an estimated $180,000 worth of damage, completely destroying the property. Williams said it started accidentally.

The displaced resident will be staying with family.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy