Las Vegas Sun

October 31, 2014

Currently: 74° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

2 suffer smoke inhalation in kitchen fire

Two people suffered minor smoke inhalation early today after their stove sparked a kitchen fire.

Las Vegas Fire & Rescue responded about 12:20 a.m. to an upstairs apartment at Brittnae Pines Apartments at 2051 N. Torrey Pines Drive. Firefighters found the fire confined to the stove, fire department spokesman Tim Szymanski said.

The fire caused minor damage to the cabinets above the stove. Two occupants of the apartment were transported to a local hospital with minor smoke inhalation, Szymanski said.

No other apartments were damaged.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy