Las Vegas Sun

September 20, 2014

Currently: 81° — Complete forecast | Log in | Create an account

Four people escape fire at mobile home

Three adults and a child were lucky to escape without injury after a fire broke out early today at a mobile home with no working smoke detector, a Clark County Fire Department official said.

An unattended candle on the patio started the fire at Tropicana Village Mobile Home Park. Without a functioning smoke detector, the resident’s senses were all that saved the people inside, Fire Department spokesman John Steinbeck said.

Firefighters responded about 2:55 a.m. to the fire at 5900 West Tropicana Avenue, space 224A. The blaze spread to one room inside the mobile home before firefighters extinguished it, Steinbeck said.

The fire caused about $18,000 damage, he said.

Join the Discussion:

Check this out for a full explanation of our conversion to the LiveFyre commenting system and instructions on how to sign up for an account.

Full comments policy