Located in downtown Las Vegas, the El Cortez is one of the city's longest-standing hotel-casinos.
The 45,000 square foot casino includes more than 1,000 slots, blackjack, craps, keno, Pai Gow poker, roulette and Megabucks. The poker room offers three tables of Texas Hold 'Em and seven-card stud.
Dining choices at El Cortez include The Flame Steakhouse, where steaks and seafood are served Wednesdays through Sundays, and Cafe Cortez, where comfort food favorites are served 24-hours a day.
- Startup with Las Vegas ties scores $100 million investment
- #MayPac stats: 336,000 visitors; $180 million to Mayweather Jr.; 2 million drinks
- Caesars CEO: First quarter was company’s best since 2008
- Husband, wife dead in murder-suicide in southwest valley
- Flipping homes remains profitable — especially outside Nevada