The Gold Spike
The recently remodeled Gold Spike is expected to reopen in early May as a restaurant/bar. New owners do not plan on operating it as a casino or a hotel.
Uncle Joe's Pizza, which has closed at 505 Fremont, will be moving into the new Gold Spike.
The Gold Spike was a 162-room, seven-floor hotel that opened in 1976 as the Rendezvous.
Open 24 hours
- Longtime ‘Cowboy Sheriff’ Ralph Lamb dies at 88
- Celebrity preview: Kenny Chesney, 311, Paris Hilton, Ke$ha, ‘DWTS,’ DJs galore
- 2 seriously injured in crash involving RTC bus, car, truck
- Military recruits not using U.S.-made sneakers
- For John Payne, it’s EDM and smile; ‘Baz’ performs quick change at Light