The Gold Spike
The recently remodeled Gold Spike is expected to reopen in early May as a restaurant/bar. New owners do not plan on operating it as a casino or a hotel.
Uncle Joe's Pizza, which has closed at 505 Fremont, will be moving into the new Gold Spike.
The Gold Spike was a 162-room, seven-floor hotel that opened in 1976 as the Rendezvous.
Open 24 hours
- Pardee Homes gives up land in long-stalled Coyote Springs project
- Atlantic City strives to rise even as its casinos fall
- New-home sales hit the skids in first half of year
- What the vice president’s visit to Las Vegas says about Nevada Democrats
- Former Strip performer gets life in dancer’s murder, dismemberment