Hand of Faith
In the spring of 1980, Kevin Hillier took his new metal detector out for a spin in his tiny hometown of Wedderburn, Australia. Instead of a bottle cap or a paper clip, he found a 61-pound golden nugget barely a foot underground. Today, it makes its home in our lobby.
The Hand of Faith is the biggest golden nugget in existence, the second-biggest ever discovered, and the biggest ever found with a metal detector. (And in case you’re wondering, Hillier made out just fine. He sold his golden nugget to the Golden Nugget for over a million dollars.)
- Jesse Waits confirms move to Alon opening on the Strip in 2018
- Tips for employers who want to test for drugs
- Icon of Old Vegas will live on
- Paul Monahan of Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum: Local watering holes offer true immersion of culture
- Jim Rees on Hash House a Go Go: What is it — a Las Vegas strip club or newest dispensary?