Hand of Faith
In the spring of 1980, Kevin Hillier took his new metal detector out for a spin in his tiny hometown of Wedderburn, Australia. Instead of a bottle cap or a paper clip, he found a 61-pound golden nugget barely a foot underground. Today, it makes its home in our lobby.
The Hand of Faith is the biggest golden nugget in existence, the second-biggest ever discovered, and the biggest ever found with a metal detector. (And in case you’re wondering, Hillier made out just fine. He sold his golden nugget to the Golden Nugget for over a million dollars.)
- Ikea building finally sprouts at Sunset and Durango
- Las Vegas ranked last in report on large cities’ housing market health
- Beaten again by Macau, Wynn Resorts profits drop 72 percent in second quarter
- Airport Connector project to bring new phase of traffic delays
- Personal trainer Mel Fabros takes on Adventure Combat Ops’ Zombie Apocalypse