Westgate Las Vegas & Casino
As the place where Elvis Presley broke all Vegas show attendance records when it was still called the International Hotel, the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino is a time capsule of classic Vegas. Its name changed from the LVH - Las Vegas Hotel & Casino in early 2012.
While the feeling is traditional, the hotel has recently spent millions in renovations. From the guest rooms to the pool deck, all surfaces were remodeled. Crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling of the 74,000 square-foot casino, where there is high limit slots. Just off from the casino, there is the world's largest race and sports book, the SuperBook, featuring 350 seats, 28 giant screens highlighted with a massive 15' x 20' screen for a grand total of more than 60 viewing monitors.
The dining choices at the property range from the award-winning Benihana, a Japanese steakhouse, to The Buffet, where guests can enjoy the wide selection of choices. After dinner, guests can take advantage of the star-studded entertainment. The hotel also makes it convenient to casino-hop as one of the stops on the Las Vegas Monorail.
- Splendor in the Glass:
- Saturday, Feb. 20
- Tuesday Nights at Tempo Lounge
- Every Tuesday
- Live jazz in the Tempo Lounge
- Every Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Club Oasis
- Every Friday, Saturday
- Twisted Vegas
- Every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Q+A: Britney Spears talks revamped ‘Piece of Me’ at Axis, Las Vegas, new record
- To the finale, ‘Jubilee’ was in a class by itself
- No arrests as Culinary leads protest at Palace Station
- Man arrested in hit-and-run that killed NLV girl
- Celebrity preview: Mariah Carey, Brandon Marshall, Adam Sandler, Timbaland, Black Sabbath, P.O.D.