- Web site:
Mojave High School is Rattler Nation, but really it’s home to underdogs.
Minutes from the Nellis Air Force Base the school is nestled near Commerce Street and West Ann Road, an area littered with foreclosed homes.
The school is attended by many students who are underprivileged or at-risk. After Mojave failed to meet No Child Left Behind standards it became one of five Clark County Schools determined to do a 180.
In order to make the turnaround a reality, Mojave has implemented new faculty, extended the school day by 20 minutes and is geared towards boosting school spirit.
“The problem we have right now is that our children aren’t proud of their own school,” Mojave principal Antonio Rael explained an August interview. “When our children begin to take pride in our school, our community will follow.”
- Year built:
- Rattle Snake
- Principal (Year Hired):
- Antonio Rael (2001)
- School motto:
- “Promoting Achievement, Creating Success”
- Mission Statement:
- “The Mission of the Mojave High School Community is to provide a safe learning environment that will empower students to develop excellence, pride, respect, and skills necessary for future success.”
- Approximately 2,000
- School Report Card:
Compiled by Gregan Wingert
- Man shot, killed after standoff at Henderson hotel; no one else hurt
- Vegas Play of the Day: Miami Marlins at Chicago Cubs
- Las Vegas man shot, killed in apparent murder-suicide ID’d
- Fire does $100K in damage to former Las Vegas shop
- 1 person killed in 2-vehicle crash in western Las Vegas Valley
- Man shot, killed after standoff at Las Vegas hotel
- Public’s help sought in finding Henderson bank robber
- Parades, hot dogs, cold beer: America celebrates July 4
- Police: Woman threw kittens out car window
- Texas wants its gold inside state’s borders
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.