- Web site:
Mojave High School is Rattler Nation, but really it’s home to underdogs.
Minutes from the Nellis Air Force Base the school is nestled near Commerce Street and West Ann Road, an area littered with foreclosed homes.
The school is attended by many students who are underprivileged or at-risk. After Mojave failed to meet No Child Left Behind standards it became one of five Clark County Schools determined to do a 180.
In order to make the turnaround a reality, Mojave has implemented new faculty, extended the school day by 20 minutes and is geared towards boosting school spirit.
“The problem we have right now is that our children aren’t proud of their own school,” Mojave principal Antonio Rael explained an August interview. “When our children begin to take pride in our school, our community will follow.”
- Year built:
- Rattle Snake
- Principal (Year Hired):
- Antonio Rael (2001)
- School motto:
- “Promoting Achievement, Creating Success”
- Mission Statement:
- “The Mission of the Mojave High School Community is to provide a safe learning environment that will empower students to develop excellence, pride, respect, and skills necessary for future success.”
- Approximately 2,000
- School Report Card:
Compiled by Gregan Wingert
- Hakkasan Group is out of Light — and so is Cirque du Soleil
- Las Vegas City Council approves Chick-fil-A location at Sahara and Rancho
- M Resort casino heist suspect arrested in western New York
- Prices for commercial real estate are climbing, and buyers are shying away
- Murder-suicide leaves Henderson couple dead, police say
- Vegas pick’em: NFL Week 5 winners against the spread
- Tesla to invest $1 million in battery research at UNLV
- Suspect, 21, arrested after man beaten in Wal-Mart parking lot dies
- High School Football Top 10: A new team find its way into the rankings
- Medical marijuana creeps forward in Las Vegas and NLV
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.