- Web site:
Mojave High School is Rattler Nation, but really it’s home to underdogs.
Minutes from the Nellis Air Force Base the school is nestled near Commerce Street and West Ann Road, an area littered with foreclosed homes.
The school is attended by many students who are underprivileged or at-risk. After Mojave failed to meet No Child Left Behind standards it became one of five Clark County Schools determined to do a 180.
In order to make the turnaround a reality, Mojave has implemented new faculty, extended the school day by 20 minutes and is geared towards boosting school spirit.
“The problem we have right now is that our children aren’t proud of their own school,” Mojave principal Antonio Rael explained an August interview. “When our children begin to take pride in our school, our community will follow.”
- Year built:
- Rattle Snake
- Principal (Year Hired):
- Antonio Rael (2001)
- School motto:
- “Promoting Achievement, Creating Success”
- Mission Statement:
- “The Mission of the Mojave High School Community is to provide a safe learning environment that will empower students to develop excellence, pride, respect, and skills necessary for future success.”
- Approximately 2,000
- School Report Card:
Compiled by Gregan Wingert
- Hillary Clinton campaigns with casino workers, guests on Strip
- Henderson man critical after home-invasion shooting; police seek suspects
- Why we support Clinton for the Democratic nomination
- Temperatures warmer than normal but not quite record-setting
- ‘Vibrant’ crowd at MLS exhibition renews hope of franchise expansion to Vegas
- Blog: Five Rebels score in double figures, UNLV takes down CSU 87-80
- Instant Analysis: UNLV’s effort proves Rebels ‘still believe’
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Shelter receives donations after 1,000 pounds of dog food stolen
- Old, faulty police cruisers are driving officers crazy
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.