- Web site:
Mojave High School is Rattler Nation, but really it’s home to underdogs.
Minutes from the Nellis Air Force Base the school is nestled near Commerce Street and West Ann Road, an area littered with foreclosed homes.
The school is attended by many students who are underprivileged or at-risk. After Mojave failed to meet No Child Left Behind standards it became one of five Clark County Schools determined to do a 180.
In order to make the turnaround a reality, Mojave has implemented new faculty, extended the school day by 20 minutes and is geared towards boosting school spirit.
“The problem we have right now is that our children aren’t proud of their own school,” Mojave principal Antonio Rael explained an August interview. “When our children begin to take pride in our school, our community will follow.”
- Year built:
- Rattle Snake
- Principal (Year Hired):
- Antonio Rael (2001)
- School motto:
- “Promoting Achievement, Creating Success”
- Mission Statement:
- “The Mission of the Mojave High School Community is to provide a safe learning environment that will empower students to develop excellence, pride, respect, and skills necessary for future success.”
- Approximately 2,000
- School Report Card:
Compiled by Gregan Wingert
- L.A. Kings’ Jarret Stoll arrested on drug charge at Wet Republic
- NBA Playoffs in Las Vegas: Betting odds and preview of the first round
- Will Mayweather extend career long enough to open new MGM arena?
- Woman shot, killed after women ask to use her phone to call for help
- Sanchez travels back to Gorman to receive national award
- Volunteer deputy sold company, went back to police work
- Ask an Attorney: Smartly navigating short sales
- Gunfights and roadblocks hit Mexican border city; 3 dead
- Las Vegas 51s drop wild affair to Fresno in home opener
- Suicide attack in Afghanistan kills at least 30 people
Locally owned and independent for more than 50 years.