Poppy Den Las Vegas
“Top Chef All-Stars” cheftestant Angelo Sosa has opened Poppy Den in Summerlin’s Tivoli Village. According to Las Vegas journalist Robin Leach, Poppy Den is a sprawling, two-level, 6,000-square-foot venue for 170 people and is Sosa's his first restaurant outside Manhattan.
The outside deck on the second-floor Forbidden City lounge with its birdcage chandeliers has a view right through Tivoli up to the Red Rock Mountains. In all, there are four environments, from the country chic downstairs dining area to the seduction of an opium den. The menus are on pages inside old English books, according to Leach.
“It’s all a lighter, healthier take-off from gastropub menus, and I’m relying on local farmers to make that really effective,” Angelo told Leach. “There will be an Asian fusion bar — snacks upstairs and downstairs where the open-air bar goes indoors and out to the elegant English garden in springtime and summertime with jasmine and honeysuckle.”
The kitchen is open 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, with brunch 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. The bar is open 11:30 a.m. until late each day.
- Cuisine: Asian (Other)
- Price range: $$
- Attire: Casual
- Credit cards accepted: Yes
- Kids menu: No
- Gaming: No
- Waiter service: Yes
- Serves alcohol: Yes
- Drive thru: No
- Reservations accepted: Yes
- Delivery: Yes
Kitchen may not always be open during business hours. Call ahead to be sure.
- Court issues order blocking Allegiant pilot strike
- Medical marijuana dispensary ready to be Southern Nevada’s first
- Diana Ross: ‘All my songs are really about love’
- Effort to fire police union boss reveals conflict over collective bargaining legislation
- Bundy’s back: Bunkerville rancher has new strategy in fight against BLM