South Point Hotel-Casino-Spa
Located South of the Strip, South Point is a hot spot frequented by locals. The hotel-casino is decorated in a Pacific Coast feel, with golds, reds and browns, mixing an island feel with the ambiance of Southern California.
Guests rooms feature 42-inch flat screen TVs, iPod docking stations and plush linens. Outside, the property features landscaped gardens, a hospitality to entertain poolside and a sand volleyball court.
When it comes to gaming, the South Point has more than 120,000 square feet of casino games, as well as a separate race books and sports books, a bingo and poker room. South Point also has some family friendly features, like a 64-lane bowling center, an arcade and a 16-screen movie theater.
Dining options range from an upscale meal at Michael's Gourmet to ice cream at Kate's Korner. The 24-hour Coronado Cafe is the perfect spot for a late-night craving, which include six midnight to 6 a.m. "graveyard" specials. Other restaurants include the Big Sur Oyster Bar, Don Vito's, Garden Buffet, Seattle's Best Coffee House and the Del Mar Deli.
One of South Points more unique features is the Equestrian Center and Arena, a first for Vegas. The Equestrian Center holds a variety of events, from college basketball to Championship Bull Riding.
- Wes Winters at South Point
- Every Friday, Saturday
- Strip Scribbles: ‘Zumanity’ firings, plus Katy Perry at Caesars? Resident DJs Pharrell, Paris Hilton?
- Police: Las Vegas father crushed infant son
- Las Vegas startup lets you buy someone a drink from anywhere with Internet connection
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy of ‘DWTS’: ‘Le Reve’s’ new $3 million sequence is ‘historic’
- Rob Riggle takes over Lagasse’s Stadium; Imagine Dragons go acoustic; Steve Wynn snaps up Kenny Rogers’ old estate