It is virtually impossible to be anywhere in Las Vegas and miss the Stratosphere. It towers 1,149 feet above Las Vegas and is the tallest observation tower in the United States. The casino itself is 55,784 square feet and contains 950 slot machines, 120 game tables and 2,427 hotel rooms.
Of the hotel's 2,427 rooms, 909 were recently remodeled into Stratosphere Select rooms.
The Stratosphere is mostly known for its rides at the top of the tower. The Big Shot, located at the 113th floor, torpedoes riders up 160 feet using compressed air. X-Scream is a teeter-totter perched at the top of the observation deck — if that wasn't scary enough, the coaster arm flings the riders out 27 feet over the edge of the tower. Guests looking for something more sedate can just hang around the 107th floor and simply look at the scenery.
- IRS urged not to lower threshold for reporting slot winnings
- ‘Chipotle for pizza,’ juice bar, new park open in Las Vegas Valley
- Photos: Farrah Abraham celebrates 24th birthday at Ditch Friday at Palms
- Third straw at plunging Lake Mead nearly complete
- Strip Scribbles: ‘Crazy Girls’ take it off at Planet Hollywood; WSOP; Celine