- « Older
- Newer »
Blog Post Archive
- Porn star Jameson delivers twin boys
- Monday, March 16, 2009
- Retired porn star Jenna Jameson and her mixed martial artist boyfriend Tito Ortiz are the proud parents of twin boys.
- UFC 100 officially announced
- Friday, March 13, 2009
- The Ultimate Fighting Championship officially confirmed the date for its special summer anniversary show, setting UFC 100 for July 11 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center.
- UFC expands empire with announcement of 99th event
- Tuesday, March 3, 2009
The Ultimate Fighting Championship took its next step towards global growth Tuesday, announcing UFC 99 “The Comeback,” which will take place June 13 in Cologne, Germany.
- UFC 98 set for May 23 at MGM Grand
- Monday, March 2, 2009
- Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir will fight for the right to be called heavyweight champion when the two title holders battle at UFC 98 at MGM Grand.
- The ups and downs of race day
- Saturday, Feb. 28, 2009
- Anything and everything can happen on race day. The "key" is how good your support staff is. Luck wasn't on hometown hero Kyle Busch's side as he wrecked out early on, but Greg Biffle did benefit from good fortunes in Las Vegas when he won the Sam's Town 300.
- Entry list in for Shelby 427 and other NASCAR Weekend notes
- Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2009
Fifty-one race teams, the second-most entries ever for a NASCAR Sprint Cup race at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, filed entries for Sunday’s Shelby 427.
- ‘Grease-Gate’ still a slippery subject
- Monday, Feb. 23, 2009
- The talk surrounding Georges St. Pierre’s illegal use of Vaseline in his victory over B.J. Penn at UFC 94 on Jan. 31 may have died down a bit, but the subject is still a tough one to get a handle on.
- UFC 94 numbers released; White working on show in Mexico
- Tuesday, Feb. 17, 2009
- Official figures for UFC 94 reveal the promotion's gate total was the sixth-largest in the organization's history as well as the highest-attended UFC show in MGM Grand Garden history.
- MMA amateurs proud of paternal bonds
- Sunday, Feb. 15, 2009
- Ryan Couture didn't take up mixed martial arts to follow in his famous father, Randy's footsteps. But now that he chose the fight path, he wants to prove he belongs on his own merit. Art Martinez, on the other hand, is trying to fill a role similar to the elder Couture and show his young son, Isaac, that fighting isn't necessarily a bad thing.
- Penn, St. Pierre stay quiet at UFC weigh-in; big jackpot winner does not
- Friday, Jan. 30, 2009
- The real excitement Friday afternoon at the MGM Grand wasn’t inside the Grand Garden Arena during the official weigh-ins for tomorrow’s UFC 94. Nope, just hundreds of yards down the casino’s main corridor came a woman’s loud screams — the sound of someone who had just one a big jackpot.
- Kentucky wins LV Invite
- Saturday, Nov. 29, 2008
- Kentucky used a furious second-half comeback and sloppy play from West Virginia to get back in a game that the Wildcats trailed by 10 points after the first 20 minutes.
- WEC adds bouts for Las Vegas event
- Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2008
World Extreme Cagefighting announced three more fights for its Dec. 3 card from The Hard Rock casino, which features a main event of bantamweight champ Miguel Torres facing top contender Manny Tapia.
- Athletic Commission raises $3.6 million for general fund
- Monday, Nov. 10, 2008
According to the Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority, major events governed by the commission generated an estimated non-gaming economic impact of at least $58.5 million during the November 2007 through October 2008 term.
- UFC study shows impact of sanctioning in NY
- Monday, Nov. 10, 2008
The UFC released an economic impact study today that showed that the sanctioning of MMA fighting in the state of New York would have a multimillion dollar boost on state and local economies, specifically in tax revenues and the tourism industry.
- Rosholt ready for WEC debut tonight
- Wednesday, Nov. 5, 2008
Jake Rosholt will be making his World Extreme Cagefighting debut tonight in Hollywood, Fla., and also likely his only fight in the UFC’s sister organization.
- UFC announces fights for UFC 92
- Tuesday, Oct. 21, 2008
- The Ultimate Fighting Championship announced today three big bouts for the final card of 2008 at UFC 92 on Dec. 27 at MGM Grand Garden Arena.
- The Ultimate Fighter finale to be held at the Palms
- Thursday, Oct. 16, 2008
- The Ultimate Fighting Championship has announced that the finale of The Ultimate Fighter Team Nogueira vs Team Mir will take place on Saturday Dec. 13 at the Palms’ Pearl Theatre.
- Boxing Live Update: Dawson wins by unanimous decision
- Saturday, Oct. 11, 2008
Antonio Tarver and Chad Dawson have talked the talk for the last two weeks tonight at the Palms, only won can walk the walk in the ring at the Pearl.
- Klitschko takes back heavyweight title
- Saturday, Oct. 11, 2008
- UFC: Couture to fight Lesnar at MGM Grand
- Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2008
Having settled a legal squabble regarding his contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, heavyweight champion Randy Couture will return to the octagon for a title fight against Brock Lesnar on Saturday, Nov. 15, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
- The Links: UFC Edition
- Friday, Aug. 8, 2008
A lot is being written about how UFC 87 tomorrow night could shape up as the year’s top event. With a welterweight championship bout between Georges St. Pierre (current champ) vs. Jon Fitch (going for a UFC record nine straight wins) headlining the show and two equally impressive fights between Heath Herring and Brock Lesnar and Kenny Florian and Roger Huerta — there sure doesn’t seem to be a shortage of fireworks on store for Minneapolis’ Target Center.
- Affliction official says Ortiz signing is 'just a rumor'
- Wednesday, Aug. 6, 2008
- A handful of fighters sat next to each other on a Planet Hollywood stage Wednesday afternoon, but the man that bustling tourists and media members crammed together to talk to was no where to be found.
Tito Ortiz was not in the building and Donald Trump's assistant, Michael Cohen, said that the company's rumored signing of him today was just that "a rumor."
- Cotto-Margarito quiet on pre-fight front
- Thursday, July 24, 2008
There was a lot of talk about “La Batalla” Wednesday afternoon inside the MGM, but none of that noise came from the two boxers who will be taking part in the actual battle inside the hotel’s Grand Garden Arena come Saturday night.
- UFC Fight Night: Silva knocks out Irvin in first round
- Saturday, July 19, 2008
Luckily fight fans will have the final say tonight when the UFC goes head to head with Affliction’s pay-per-view event in Anaheim, Calif.
- NBA Day 8: Chandler stars for nicked-up Knicks
- Friday, July 18, 2008
If New York coach Mike D’Antoni felt any weirdness today about his new team, the Knicks, playing against his old squad, the Phoenix Suns, he certainly didn’t share that sentiment with his players at Cox Pavilion.
- NBA Day 6: Mayo's summer school not over yet
- Wednesday, July 16, 2008
The second lottery pick from this year’s NBA draft looks to be done for the rest of the Summer League at UNLV’s campus.
- NBA Day 5: The King and His Court
- Tuesday, July 15, 2008
During Detroit’s first two games of the NBA Summer League, it sure seemed like the Pistons weren’t going to lose to anyone in Las Vegas. But on Tuesday Detroit didn’t play Rodney Stuckey and Milwaukee made the Pistons pay with a 73-59 loss at the Cox Pavilion.
- NBA Day 4: Minnesota's muscle debuts
- Monday, July 14, 2008
One thing definitely stood out in Kevin Love’s first NBA game Monday night at the Cox Pavilion, the All-American from UCLA doesn’t like to be on the wrong end of the scoreboard. “I never like losing. I’m not use to it. I don’t accept it,” said Love, after Minnesota’s 88-74 setback to Dallas.
- NBA Day 4: Better late than never
- Monday, July 14, 2008
Good thing Danilo Gallinari didn't make his pro debut in New York City. After the hearty round of boos that rang down on him last month at the NBA draft inside the Theater at Madison Square Garden, surely some Knicks fans would have crucified the 19-year-old Italian star after missing his first five shots and going scoreless for 18 minutes.
- NBA Day 3: Clippers shelve Gordon for Summer League
- Sunday, July 13, 2008
The big news out of Summer League action on Sunday is that Los Angeles Clippers first-round pick Eric Gordon is done for the session with an injured hamstring.
- NBA Day 2: A guard's game
- Saturday, July 12, 2008
Many of this year’s NBA lottery picks have professed to a case of the jitters when making their professional debuts at this weekend’s NBA Summer League held on UNLV’s campus.
- NBA Day 1: Mayo provides the mustard
- Friday, July 11, 2008
- A couple of familiar faces for Las Vegans helped lead Golden State to victory in the NBA Summer League’s opener Friday at the Cox Pavilion.
- Rambo is reborn at Planet Hollywood
- Thursday, Jan. 24, 2008
- The rest of the world — which has already waited 20 years for the next film in the John Rambo (Sylvester Stallone) series — will have to wait a few hours longer.
- Palazzo celebrates grand opening
- Thursday, Jan. 17, 2008
- A shower of fireworks ushered in Las Vegas' first megaresort in three years, when the $1.9 billion Palazzo celebrated its grand opening tonight. Combined with its sister property The Venetian and the Sands Expo and Convention Center, The Palazzo is part of the world's biggest indoor structure at 19 million square feet, according to the Las Vegas Sands company.
- O.J. out of jail on double bail
- Thursday, Jan. 17, 2008
- The campaigning Clintons
- Monday, Jan. 14, 2008
- O.J. Simpson back in custody
- Friday, Jan. 11, 2008
- The Riviera’s final 24 hours: Guests, employees and locals say farewell
- Death plot in Macau draws attention during Adelson testimony
- Investors buy almost 360 acres at BLM auction; 240 acres don’t sell
- Judge’s ruling that blocks Allegiant pilots from striking isn’t a surprise
- Photos: Gordon Ramsay promotes Christina Wilson; new Aria restaurant, club; sous chef computer