- A bit of Louisiana debuting in Vegas
- Orleans hotel-casino opens its doors today
- Wednesday, Dec. 18, 1996
- The $173 million Orleans hotel-casino opens its doors at 7 tonight, bringing an upscale property reminiscent of the French Quarter to Las Vegas. The 840-room resort, developed by Coast Resorts -- owner of the Gold Coast and Barbary Coast -- tries to capture the authenticity of Bourbon Street from its hand-carved door frames, lattice work and ornate ceiling trim to its restaurants featuring Cajun dishes such as crawfish and jambalaya.
- Homeless told to move on
- Thursday, Feb. 17, 1994
- State Department of Transportation officials have instructed dozens of homeless people to evacuate the right-of-way below the Spaghetti Bowl Interchange.
- Obama takes aim at Trump and Heck, encourages early voting for Democrats at Las Vegas rally
- Have concerns over legalizing recreational marijuana? Fear not
- Nine reasons NFL owners could stop the Raiders from moving to Las Vegas
- Election Guide 2016: Making sense of the November ballot
- Second chances: DW Bistro’s opening symbolic of the Gramercy’s newfound momentum