- A bit of Louisiana debuting in Vegas
- Orleans hotel-casino opens its doors today
- Wednesday, Dec. 18, 1996
- The $173 million Orleans hotel-casino opens its doors at 7 tonight, bringing an upscale property reminiscent of the French Quarter to Las Vegas. The 840-room resort, developed by Coast Resorts -- owner of the Gold Coast and Barbary Coast -- tries to capture the authenticity of Bourbon Street from its hand-carved door frames, lattice work and ornate ceiling trim to its restaurants featuring Cajun dishes such as crawfish and jambalaya.
- Homeless told to move on
- Thursday, Feb. 17, 1994
- State Department of Transportation officials have instructed dozens of homeless people to evacuate the right-of-way below the Spaghetti Bowl Interchange.
- Investors buy almost 360 acres at BLM auction; 240 acres don’t sell
- Death plot in Macau draws attention during Adelson testimony
- Resorts World, off to ceremonial start, vies for theme of authenticity
- Hsieh touts Downtown Project’s successes, talks about Zappos reorganization
- Photos: Energized crowd welcomes Journey with open arms to the Joint