Born in Landstuhl, Germany, while his father was stationed there, Doug was raised in southeast Iowa. He started his technical career working for Wal-Mart corporate and Rockwell Collins. In 1997 he switched to media companies and since then has worked for Morris Communications, Gannett Co. Inc., E.W. Scripps, and since 2007 Greenspun Media Group, where he a systems developer.
- Cosmopolitan workers remain employed through sale, union says
- Police: Child sex abuse involved bestiality, kids as young as 3
- Las Vegas limo firm owner takes racketeering plea deal
- From tragedy to triumph: Amy Purdy has become a courageous heroine
- Celebrity preview: ‘Showstoppers,’ Moreno, Setzer, Pibbets, Meryl Davis + Charlie White