Born in Landstuhl, Germany, while his father was stationed there, Doug was raised in southeast Iowa. He started his technical career working for Wal-Mart corporate and Rockwell Collins. In 1997 he switched to media companies and since then has worked for Morris Communications, Gannett Co. Inc., E.W. Scripps, and since 2007 Greenspun Media Group, where he a systems developer.
- Fire it up — Usher and Motley Crue sure did — on Night 1 of iHeartRadio Music Festival
- Teen riding in truck bed critically injured in rollover crash; driver arrested
- Company gets $70 million grant for biofuels plant east of Reno
- Blog: Rebels get destroyed in the 2nd half, lose 47-14 at Houston
- Vegas Play of the Day: San Jose State at Minnesota