Born in Landstuhl, Germany, while his father was stationed there, Doug was raised in southeast Iowa. He started his technical career working for Wal-Mart corporate and Rockwell Collins. In 1997 he switched to media companies and since then has worked for Morris Communications, Gannett Co. Inc., E.W. Scripps, and since 2007 Greenspun Media Group, where he a systems developer.
- Sale prices for new homes edge up in Las Vegas, nearing boom-era record
- MGM vows changes after T-Mobile ticketing issue caused delays, long lines
- Mojave Desert at stake in far-reaching federal energy plan
- Sanders urges fans to rally behind Clinton; Nevada delegates waver
- Odds indicate UNLV football will contend for bowl berth