Born in Landstuhl, Germany, while his father was stationed there, Doug was raised in southeast Iowa. He started his technical career working for Wal-Mart corporate and Rockwell Collins. In 1997 he switched to media companies and since then has worked for Morris Communications, Gannett Co. Inc., E.W. Scripps, and since 2007 Greenspun Media Group, where he a systems developer.
- Deadly warehouse fire: Operator accused of ignoring safety
- Sleek casino with Bob Dylan art opening outside Washington
- Stadium Authority Board gets to work despite uncertain future of project
- Plane returns to Las Vegas after navigational equipment fails
- Police searching for man who escaped custody downtown