Blog Post Archive
- Construction work to delay new elementary school's opening
- Monday, July 21, 2008
- Students at the new Jesse Scott Elementary School will get an extra three weeks of summer vacation because construction work on the new North Las Vegas campus won't be finished in time for the start of the academic year.
- UPDATE: School district might remove bond measure from ballot
- Wednesday, July 16, 2008
- The Clark County School Board will meet Friday at 9 a.m. to give final approval for removing the $9.5 billion construction bond measure from the November ballot.
- Rulffes will cut 140 support jobs, mostly classroom aides
- Tuesday, July 1, 2008
- School board approves teachers' contract, including raises
- Thursday, June 26, 2008
The Clark County School Board approved new contracts with its teachers and administrators Thursday, including a 4 percent cost-of-living pay hike authorized by the 2007 Legislature.
- School board meeting halted for governor's speech
- Thursday, June 26, 2008
The Clark County School Board called a brief recess in its meeting tonight so that the assembled audience - which includes the president and executive director of the teachers' union - could watch Gov. Jim Gibbons' speech.
- Clark County schools chief outlines budget crunch possibilities
- Wednesday, June 11, 2008
- CCSD middle schoolers did better on math test
- Wednesday, April 2, 2008
- When it comes to algebra, some of Clark County’s middle school students appear to know more than their high school counterparts.
- Making schools safer
- Tuesday, March 11, 2008
- The Clark County School District could improve safety on its campuses by buying small hand-held metal detectors for School Police and restricting entry points to campuses, says a security consultant hired after this
winter's shooting of students.
- New police chief for Clark County School District
- Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2008
- Poll: Teachers are well paid
- Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2008
- Pahrump locks the doors but is still signing in voters
- Saturday, Jan. 19, 2008
- Kucinich decries GE-media conspiracy
- Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2008
- Nevada earns D+ on education
- Thursday, Jan. 10, 2008
- The war over rooftop solar: As major ruling looms in Nevada, here are key factors
- Report suggests Las Vegas housing market will hold course in ’16
- Tesla urges Nevada regulators to nix rate hike for solar customers
- Emergency measure could reduce CCSD teacher shortage by hundreds
- UFC donates $1M to KMA; Diane Keaton’s wine; ‘Love’ reimagining; L.T.’s 57th at Sapphire