- Battle-born Henderson now 'A Place to Call Home'
- Thursday, May 15, 2008
The city of Henderson was born during War World II to produce adequate amounts of magnesium for military supplies, such as airplane parts. The Basic Magnesium Plant was built in 1943 in Southern Nevada, creating Henderson. The city was comprised of workers and engineers from the plant as well as their families.
- Investors buy almost 360 acres at BLM auction; 240 acres don’t sell
- Grand Canal Shoppes to welcome famed Buffalo bar, bids farewell to Postrio
- Resorts World, off to ceremonial start, vies for theme of authenticity
- Hsieh touts Downtown Project’s successes, talks about Zappos reorganization
- 200 accept buyouts at Zappos after company’s management changes