- Battle-born Henderson now 'A Place to Call Home'
- Thursday, May 15, 2008
The city of Henderson was born during War World II to produce adequate amounts of magnesium for military supplies, such as airplane parts. The Basic Magnesium Plant was built in 1943 in Southern Nevada, creating Henderson. The city was comprised of workers and engineers from the plant as well as their families.
- City of Las Vegas plans to go to 100 percent renewable energy
- Metro Police: 1 person killed in officer-involved shooting
- Ultimo’s Grand Banquet — ‘the grandest meal ever served in Las Vegas’
- Developer spending millions to halt decay in L.V.’s Huntridge area
- Blog: Jones, McCaw spur UNLV to 93-73 win against Chaminade