- Battle-born Henderson now 'A Place to Call Home'
- Thursday, May 15, 2008
The city of Henderson was born during War World II to produce adequate amounts of magnesium for military supplies, such as airplane parts. The Basic Magnesium Plant was built in 1943 in Southern Nevada, creating Henderson. The city was comprised of workers and engineers from the plant as well as their families.
- Dear Oakland: Several lessons from St. Louis on losing your NFL team
- Thanks to flux capacitor, Plaza revisits movie role
- Trump’s ventures have long fueled business, controversy in Nevada
- Nevada Highway Patrol making drones its eye in the sky
- Rebels aiming to build on potential breakthrough year against Rams