- Battle-born Henderson now 'A Place to Call Home'
- Thursday, May 15, 2008
The city of Henderson was born during War World II to produce adequate amounts of magnesium for military supplies, such as airplane parts. The Basic Magnesium Plant was built in 1943 in Southern Nevada, creating Henderson. The city was comprised of workers and engineers from the plant as well as their families.
- Desert Pines drills Arbor View in showcase game
- Celebrity preview: Ariana Grande, Celine, Tyson Beckford, Miguel, K-Fed, AFAN, Queensryche
- Despite controversial call, Palo Verde opens with win
- Sunrise Mountain pummels Western 54-6 in season opener
- Friday night roundup: Desert Pines downs Arbor View 50-14 in Week 1 showdown