Monday, May 5, 2014 | 6 p.m.
The week starts with a bulging collection of Wicked Whispers & Racy Rumors:
* This week’s lifestyle magazines have cover stories and screaming headlines about the imminent marriage of pop princess Britney Spears, 32, and boyfriend David Lucado, 28. But Vegas DeLuxe readers knew about that first when I reported the WW&RR last month about possible Hawaii wedding plans when she has a hiatus from her Planet Hollywood show “Britney: Piece of Me” in June and July.
Life & Style Magazine reports today that the couple is now living together. “She wants a traditional family, and he’s loving, down to earth and a great stepfather to her sons Sean and Jayden,” the magazine quotes one of their friends. “Both feel marriage is the next step for them.”
* Now that the marriage of Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom is kaput, she has begun seriously dating Moroccan-born American rapper French Montana, birth name Karim Kharbouch — at least they wouldn’t have to change the initials on the towels or linens if they wed!
They spent the weekend together here almost inseparable, first at Beacher’s Madhouse in MGM Grand on Friday alongside brothers Joe Jonas and Nick Jonas. Then they turned up at the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Marcos Maidana fight at MGM Grand Garden Arena with her younger sister Kylie Jenner, who is rumored to be dating Justin Bieber. Khloe and her beau were hand-in-hand and arm-in-arm later at the Hard Rock Hotel first enjoying dinner at 35 Steaks + Martinis and then at Puff Daddy’s afterparty at the nearby Joint — our afterparty wrap was posted this morning.
* That all-Australian female striptease show I first hinted at a month ago has landed a July 1 opening date at the Planet Hollywood mezzanine theater where Meat Loaf has regular appearances scheduled now through year end in “Rocktellz & Cocktails.” I’m also hearing Sydney’s sexy Sheilas from Down Under will get a companion show titled “Viva Veracruz.”
The full-scale production is sponsored by the Mexican government much like “Panda!” at Palazzo is underwritten by Chinese arts authorities. Just asking: Are these shows also designed to sell tourism attractions at the same time as promote foreign cultures? The temptresses from Tasmania, the mayhem models from Melbourne and the preening posers from Perth promise to be the “hottest, wildest topless all-girls show” to ever hit the Strip.
* It’s definite that Bellagio officials plan to close Circo in August and then early New Year open an Italian eatery by star chef Julian Serrano of Picasso fame there. I’m reliably told that the new venue will be directly open onto the casino floor much like the nearby Fix and Yellowtail.
The Light Group, making its first foray into the suburbs from its Strip collection of nightclubs and restaurants, will open Heart Stone at Red Rock Resort. Plans call for an open kitchen with two massive pizza ovens — 90 percent of the cooking will be seen from an open bar with super-seasonal ingredient-forward dishes. Plans for a small plates menu have been changed into “real ingredients, great technique done simply with the chefs cooking their hearts out at the stone bar.”
* We absolutely cannot give away the surprise, but one Strip star will have a dream finally come true this week with the visit by another major star. The duo has been trying to see each other for ages, but timing has never worked out until now. Expect more than fireworks, and it could turn into an all-night love fest for the history books.
* The headline stories of Oscar-winning actor Ben Affleck being banned from playing blackjack at the Hard Rock Hotel over a card-counting issue ran everywhere over the weekend, but if you followed me on twitter @robin_leach, you would have read it on Friday. He was on a romantic getaway with wife Jennifer Garner in advance of starting his film “Batman vs. Superman.” Security officials say he was playing at the high-roller blackjack tables and was asked to leave because cameras caught him using the “counting cards” gambling strategy. Although not illegal, it is frowned upon by casinos worldwide.
Ben was told he could play other games there but not blackjack. He was not banned from the property and will be welcomed back at any time. The gaming folks at Steve Wynn’s two casinos reportedly had alerted other Las Vegas casinos a week earlier that Ben was in town and betting as much as $100,000 on double-deck blackjack using the counting cards system.
Ana Julaton in Manila
BURGER VICTORY: The first stop for Las Vegas boxer turned MMA champion Ana “Hurricane” Julaton after her Friday victory in Manila was at chef Hubert Keller’s Burger Bar in Mandalay Place before she watched the Mayweather Jr.-Maidana fight. He called in from France to congratulate her!
Ana’s international flight let her leave the Philippines on Saturday at 9 a.m. and via Seattle still arrive here in time, at 4 p.m., to make it to MGM Grand after the victory burger. “I’m tired and completely out of it with the jet lag,” she told me. “ It felt like a month even though it was only a week back and forth.”
I asked Ana about her debut MMA win in the Ring of Heroes over Egyptian champion Aya Saeid Saber with a third-round TKO: “It was an unreal, fulfilling moment. It was awesome. I had a blast, a lot of fun. I got punched in the face and the neck, and I have a couple of bruises to show for it, but I’m OK. I’m going to take a couple of days off now and then decide what the next fight will be. … I’m ecstatic about the result, and I would like to do boxing and MMA from now on.”
RACING START: Our off-road hero racers did well in the inaugural 2014 SCORE race held in California. Drivers from 17 states and six countries took part in the Imperial Valley 250 near Plaster City covering a nearly 250-mile track. Only 91 drivers finished out of the 131 starters, and Rob MacCachren and B.J. Baldwin of Las Vegas finished in the Top 10 to start off the new 2014 series with strong showings.
Call it sexy de Mayo instead of Cinco when busty Playmate Jessica Burciaga says “Ole!” at Tacos & Tequila in Luxor for the mariachi band celebration.
There are Cinco de Mayo celebrations at bars and restaurants all over town, and, no, the holiday does not mark the loss of mayonnaise destined for Mexico onboard the Titanic.
Mark Pitta and Monique Marvez headline Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club at MGM Grand through Sunday.
Hypnotist and entrepreneur Anthony Cools, who performs at the Paris, celebrates his 20th showbiz anniversary, and why are fans of Breakfast at Piffany’s bidding big dollars for days-old croissants in the new fringe magic insanity at Rose. Rabbit. Lie.?
Robin Leach has been a journalist for more than 50 years and has spent the past decade giving readers the inside scoop on Las Vegas, the world’s premier platinum playground.
Follow Robin Leach on Twitter at Twitter.com/Robin_Leach.
Follow Vegas DeLuxe on Twitter at Twitter.com/vegasdeluxe.
Follow Sun A&E Senior Editor Don Chareunsy on Twitter at Twitter.com/VDLXEditorDon.
Catering to the young and modern crowd, Planet Hollywood is a one-stop shop for entertainment with its massive shopping mall, slew of restaurants, spacious casino and clubs.
The ambiance of the casino is retro-chic meets high-tech with black granite floors throughout and colorful LED lights throughout the space. The theme carries into the 100,000 square-foot casino with 250 flat screens topping off slot machines. The casino is also home to 87 tables, a sports book and a poker room.
There's also the Miracle Mile Shops, one Vegas' largest malls, with 140 stores including BCBG Max Azaria, bebe, Urban Outfitters and The Discovery Channel Store.
Following an afternoon of shopping, guests can satisfy their appetites at one of the gourmet restaurants in Planet Hollywood, like the non-traditional approach to steakhouses at Strip House or check out the exotic Far East motif at KOI restaurant and lounge. And if guests are still looking for more, they can spend the after hours at Privé, Triq or Krave nightclubs.
Perhaps one of the resorts biggest attractions came in March with the addition of "Peepshow." The naughty twist on the story of Little Bo Peep is modern-day spin on the run-of-the-mill Vegas topless review. The "Peepshow" stage has seen visiting celebs like Scary Spice Mel B, "Dancing with the Stars" Kelly Monaco and Playboy's Holly Madison.