Genre: Punk rock
Sound description: Rootsy rock ’n’ roll, with a punk-rock edge
RIYL: Social Distortion, Supersuckers, Agent Orange, NY Dolls, Misfits
Custom radio station
Free MP3 downloads
Fall of 2006, the trio known as The Lurks emerged from the ashes of The Pharaohs, when singer/guitarist Quint Olsen and bassist Rick Keever found themselves running ads for a new third member. Villain, a scene veteran who can tell firsthand stories of old-school desert shows, came calling.
Ultimately, it's Olsen’s songwriting—a blend of early-era Social Distortion bar punk, Del Fuegos-style roots-rock and some Johnny Cash twang (he also fronts alt-country outfit Quint & The Cowpunk Calamity)—that sets The Lurks apart from most of their peers.
2006Las Vegas, NV
Social Distortion, Supersuckers, MC5, The Ramones, The Misfits, Jonny Thunders
Local Shows, New CD
|Live From Freakin' Frog|
- Seniors benefit from long-standing state Capitol basketball tradition
- Construction begins for game maker Aristocrat’s HQ in Summerlin
- Vegas Golden Knights take forward Cody Glass with 6th pick in draft
- Sandoval, Heller cite Medicaid concerns in opposing Obamacare repeal bill
- Kevin Lee eyes UFC stardom starting with first main event this weekend